Yes. Gating is when the site requires a contact form submission to view bottom-dollar pricing, or in some cases, the form-fill is required to see the inventory at all. This is a popular strategy that works well for special finance stores and any car dealership that is not interested in competing on the axis of low low prices. Gating forms is a great way to get "get-me-dones" into the store so you can sell them on a loan first and then on a car that they can afford. Gracefully gating pricing while allowing shoppers to view your entire inventory means that serious shoppers must create an actionable lead to see prices. Depending on your market and strategy, this method can cause a drastic increase in foot traffic and leads for stores that will never use low low prices as a differentiator.
Articles in this section
- Can I add custom departments outside of sales, service, and parts?
- Can I automatically price my new car inventory based on pre-set filters?
- Can I build a landing page that displays a filtered list of my inventory?
- Can I change the order of the banners and make updates on my own?
- Can I create my own custom sidebars?
- Can I create new pages from scratch?
- Can I deploy custom banner groups on specific inventory list pages?
- Can I display custom factory offers even if I don't have any qualifying inventory?
- Can I hide pricing on specified cars and display a message instead, like "Call for price”?
- Can I make changes to the contextual-based dynamic search bar?